Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

AIP Keto Toasted Coconut Turmeric Fat Bombs

The more I learn about Keto and AIP diets the more I understand that I personally need to combine them to get the best results. With multiple food allergies and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, the keto recipes that are within my realm of safe foods are pretty limited, so I've been experimenting with recipes that fit into both AIP and Keto and I've been having good success. My current obsession is anything called a Fat Bomb! If you had told me even a year ago that I would be making delicious food loaded with healthy fats and calling it health food I would never have believed you. But here I am today making all types of fat bombs: chocolate, turmeric, sweet, savory... yummy!

One of my daily staples in this way of eating is Laird Superfood Creamers. I use them in my morning coffee, to flavor shakes, and now in my fat bomb recipes. Get your Laird Superfood Creamers and all of the other ingredients to make this recipe at Thrive Market (and get 25% off your first order and free shipping for orders over $49).

Ingredients:
1 cup Thrive Market Organic Coconut Chips
1/2 cup  Nutiva Coconut Manna
1/4 cup Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Laird Turmeric Superfood Creamer
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
a pinch of himalayan pink sea salt (or any sea salt)

Preheat oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the coconut chips and bake 5 minutes. Stir and bake another 3-5 minutes until evenly toasted.

Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. *if the coconut butter and oil are firm you can soften them up and make them easier to work with by gently heating - in a saucepan, a bowl of water, or microwave on low setting for 10 seconds at a time

Line a mini muffin pan with paper muffin cups and divide equally between 8 cups - you can also use an ice cube tray but it can sometimes be difficult to get them out of the tray.

Chill in the fridge or freezer until solid. Store them in the fridge or freezer - they will melt at room temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment