Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

AIP Keto Pumpkin Bars

Recently, my doc suggested I go gluten free. Add this to my list of food allergies and the list of foods I can eat is starting to look pretty sparse. Luckily the Autoimmune Protocol eliminates all of the the things I am trying to avoid so I just need to search AIP recipes for ideas. If you know me at all you know I rarely follow a recipe. What fun would that be? I tried this one last night. It's a modified version of a few others I found on-line. The others had ingredients I didn't have on-hand so I improvised. I put them in the fridge just before bed so they could chill overnight and had one for breakfast. I'll be honest, I didn't have high hopes. They smelled pretty good when they were in the oven but they really didn't look good at all and the texture of the batter as I was spooning it into the pan was not appealing. The final taste and texture was a pleasant surprise! They are super easy and pretty darn delicious. Maybe I'll have another...

AIP Keto Pumpkin Bars

INGREDIENTS (makes 8 bars)




  •  1/2 cup coconut oil
  •  1/2 cup Sunflower Butter
  •  1/4 cup Coconut Flour
  •  1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
  •  2 tsp cinnamon
  •  1 tbsp Monkfruit Sweetener, Classic (or other keto sweetener)

DIRECTIONS

1On the stove, melt coconut oil and sunflower butter over low - medium heat.




2In food processor, add squash, spices, coconut flour, salt and monk fruit. Pour melted coconut oil and sunflower butter on top and blend for 30 seconds being sure all the big pieces of squash are blended.






3Spoon into a small glass or ceramic baking dish (I used a 6x8 Pyrex).  and use a spatula to smooth it out. Bake for 25 min at 350 degrees. Remove from oven, let cool, then cover and put in fridge until completely chilled.


NUTRITION INFORMATION (according to www.livestrong.com/myplate)

261 CALORIES PER SERVING

Serving Size: 1 bars

77 %16 %7 %
 22g Fat
 10g Carbs
 5g Protein
% DV*
Total Fat  22g33%
Saturated Fat  13g
Cholesterol  0mg0%
Sodium  174mg7%
Carbohydrates  10g5%
Dietary Fiber  5g
Sugars  3g
Protein  5g3%


Read more: https://www.livestrong.com/recipes/yoga-valley-aip-pumpkin-bars/#ixzz5906GgZC8





No comments:

Post a Comment